Mrs. Binkley's Weekly Memo To Parents - 09/09/18
Dear Harding Parents:
- Coffee with the Board of Trustees
- The Harding School Foundation and the Santa Barbara Unified School District are co-hosting "Coffee with the Board." An event that will help generate conversations and dialogue with the District that isn't possible at a board meeting.
- Dr. Jackie Reed reached out to us to host the first of this series which will be next Friday 9/14 at 8:45 in the auditorium.
- Safety Drills
- We will continue to have one safety drill a month. Friday we will have a lockdown drill at 10:50. Students are asked to move away from sight and to maintain silent. Teachers will lock classroom doors, turn off lights, move out of sight, maintain silence, not open the door and account for all students.
- Healthy Latin Cooking Classes
- Anne Barkett from the Healthy Food Pantry will begin a series of 9 cooking classes that will be taught in Spanish. The series begins this Thursday at 4:00 in our staff lounge/kitchen. Come join the fun and learn how to provide healthy meals for your family.
Scholastic Book Fair
- We all know that involved parents contribute to successful kids and that is our objective! Please make sure that you are signed up with your teachers platform for communication. Teachers use either Parent Square , SeeSaw and Class Dojo. All have translation components - ask your teacher how you can sign up if you haven’t already.
Saturday Day of Caring 9/15 from 9:00 - 1:00!
- Monday through Friday next week! Students will have a chance to visit the bookfair with their classes. The library schedule is attached for your information. It will be open after school if you’d like to come in a purchase books for your family.
Homework Club Starts 9/17
- Please pitch in with several community volunteers! Bring the whole family! We’ll be weeding, painting, cleaning and sprucing up our school.
- HOMEWORK CLUB to start 9/17 on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30 - 3:30. San Marcos High School honor students will be in the library to help tutor your children.
- Monday, September 10
- Informational Tables on Gillespie and Mountain playgrounds
- Ask questions, check to make sure that are informed of what’s happening at HUPS
- Scholastic Bookfair in the Library all week
- 8:45 Parent Leadership Team in Mrs. Binkley’s office
- 10:00 Dr. John Becchio (Asstistant Superintendent of Human Resources) on site
- Tuesday, September 11
- 3:00 Foundation Meeting in Room 1
- Wednesday, September 12
- 1:30 Wild Wednesday - bring $1.00 to buy an after school healthy treat ~ get your HAWK gear HERE too!
- Thursday, September 13
- 4:00 - 5:30 La Gran Cocina Latina - Cooking Classes in the Staff Lounge
- Friday, September 14
- 8:45 - 9:45 Coffee with the School Board of Trustees
- Saturday, September 15
- 9:00 - 1:00 Day of Caring with United Way - please drop by to lend a hand to make HUPS sparkle!