Mrs. Binkley's Weekly Memo To Parents - 09/30/18
Dear Harding Parents:We are still in the process of fine-tuning our drop off procedures. Since first grade is now on the Mountain side of campus, 1st grade students are asked to join the Kindergarten students for drop off on the Mountain side of campus. Teachers will come to pick them up after the 8:30 bell rings. Also, kindly remember to park legally if you chose to walk your child into school. We still have people leaving their car in the middle of the street blocking access for others and creating traffic for our neighbors. We ask our parents to follow the IB Learner Profile too! Please model being a principled person by respecting the parking laws.
Monday, October 1
- ELAC Orientation
- English Language Advisory Committee is a GREAT way to get involved! Please join us in the auditorium on Wednesday to learn how you can impact our students and school!
- Parent School Partnership - Tuesdays 5:30 in the Library
- This class will teach about the educational system and ways that you can get more involved.
- The class will be taught in Spanish.
- Dinner and child care provided.
- Homework Club
- Please remind your children that the library is open after school from 2:30 - 3:30 for Homework Club.
- Having the students eat in the cafeteria is much better! Students are eating more and they are more conscientious about cleaning up after themselves.
- Vision and Hearing October 2
- The Vision and Hearing Team will be here to do our mandated screenings for 2nd Grade, 5th Grade, and any special requests. Please let Mrs. Menegon know if you have concerns about your child’s vision or hearing.
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for New Auditorium 10/8 @ 1:30
- Auditorium Ribbon Cutting Ceremony - Organized through the Office of the Superintendent
- 1st - 6th grade students will be in attendance
- The 6th grade orchestra will perform, several students will speak, and the school will all sing "Hello to All the Children of the World."
- Parents are welcome - it will be a full house!
- Coffee, Tea and the PYP -Mark your calendar 10/8 at 8:45
- We’ll talk about student assessments, their cycles and our all of our systems of support
Tuesday, October 2
- 8:45 - Parent Leadership Team Meeting
- 9:15 - 10:00 United Way Donors to tour Harding
Wednesday, October 3
- TK/K, 2nd and 5th Vision and Hearing
- 5:30 Parent School Partnership in the Library
- Dinner and child care provided
Thursday, October 4
- Picture Day! Dress to impress!
- 8:30 TK/K Field Trip to Lane Farms
- 8:45 ELAC Orientation in the Auditorium
- Wild Wednesday Bring $1, get a snack and support the Harding School Foundation.
Friday, October 5
- Parent work day! 8:30am-10:30am Room 1. The foundation needs help planning and putting jog a thon envelopes together (event date Nov 9), sorting box tops, planning Dia de Los Muertos event (date oct 31-nov 2), planning winter concert (event date Dec 13). Join us in Room 1 if you can help out!
- 4:00 - 5:30 Healthy Latin Cooking Classes
- Friday October 5- Axxess fundraiser ends. Please return all book orders and unsold books to your classroom teacher by friday October 5th. All orders with money collected will be filled the week of October 8th.
- 9:45 Ms. Schimmel’s Class to the Moxi