Hello Harding Parents;
We are so proud of the progress that our children continue to demonstrate in reading! State outcomes will be public this week. Harding “significantly improved” in the area of reading across all subgroups. Last Friday, we gave out over 90 medals and certificates!
- Twice as many kids are reading at a “College and Career Ready” level than two years ago based on district reports.
- We have already reclassified more students this year than we did all year last year.
- Our reclassified students are out performing all other subgroups averaging above grade level in both CAASPP and STAR assessments.
- On an average all HUPS students have made close to 5 months in reading growth in the first 2 months of school.
- We have 25 students well on their way to being millionaires this year. We’ll need a fleet of limos!
Goal Setting with your child
- Ask your child what their reading goal is and help them to achieve it!
- Sometimes first aid isn’t a bandage, sometimes it’s you.
- The district is offering classes that come highly recommended for anyone who has regular contact with youth ages 12-18, such as parents, teachers, coaches, leaders of youth organizations, faith leaders, and other caring citizens. Links are attached.
- These trainings are free of charge.
ELAC THIS WEDNESDAY!
Chart of All Tier 2 and Tier 3 Interventions at HUPS
- Join us in the auditorium on Wednesday at 8:45 to:
- Learn the importance of Reclassification
- Learn how HUPS is helping your child achieve all three qualifications
- Tour classrooms to see for yourselves!
- We have several partners to help us in our tiered approach to intervention to meet ALL students needs at every level in both academics and in social and emotional learning! Attached you will find a chart of all programs and interventions.
California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS)
- Thank you to those who have taken the parent survey, we still need 45! Please log onto the attached link to complete your survey.
- We will have devises at ELAC to take the survey.
Monday, December 3
- 8:00 Information Tables - STAY INFORMED!
- 8:30 Cafecito in the Auditorium (District)
Tuesday, December 4
Wednesday, December 5
- 8:45 ELAC #2 in the Auditorium
- 1:30 Wild Wednesday
Thursday, December 6
Friday, December 7
- 8:30 - 11:30 6th Grade Orientation at La Cumbre
- 3rd Grade Field Trip
- 10:45 TK - 3 Jog a Thon Prize Assembly
- 11:45 4th - 6th Jog A Thon Prize Assembly